Sideways Into The Light


Greetings all, and welcome back to the Chaotic Front. 2014 has been upon us for 20 days. Much has happened, and I have much to share with all of you. So let's continue the work laid before us.

I once posed a question here: "What isn't political?" And I asked because my reasoning was that "all pursuits for the preservation of life are political." (http://chaoticfront.blogspot.com/2013/09/politics-polly-ticks-policy-police-see.html

Fact is, I feel that chasing these subjects ends up in a cyclic loop, where it seems that your own efforts are redundant and even chasing you. I want to tread away from overtly political works/engagements. I do this in order to seek more creative and disturbing engagements with the subjects that most concern the reader and I. These works are not only for you, dear reader. They are a lesson for me too. And me (all the me's I am) is as valuable as you are.

It is,of course, not an attempt to ignore the difficult and overtly political subjects of our time. Truly it will be doubly difficult considering that this is election year in the Republic of South Africa.

But there are more creative and alternative ways to perceive and interact with our concerns.  I still feel that this work (http://chaoticfront.blogspot.com/2013/03/demo-crazy-records-of-private-anarchy.html) is relevant, this year and every year until we erase, correct and/or fix the Democratic system that stands in our country even today. I still stand by not voting.

But, as I stated, there are fresher ways to view and act. It is this conversation that I'd like to have with the reader and the reader to have with me. How do we engage our concerns with out acting within the entrapping framework that the political arena sets up for us? Speak to me, and we will see this year through together, productively and creatively.

David Whyte's words suffice, and leave the mission to us:


Turn sideways into the light as they say

the old ones did and disappear

into the originality of it all.

Be impatient with easy explanations

and teach that part of the mind

that wants to know everything

not to begin questions it cannot answer. 

Comments

Popular Posts