Nocturnal Remissions - Verse from the Shadows

For as long as I can remember, I have always prefered the night over the day. For a long time,  my nocturnal activities scared my mother.  She feared insomnia and depression and all that. Those are my hours of production. The nights and early mornings. Here are a few things from last year's collection.

《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》

1.

The godliness weighs me downwards
misled righteousness wrongs the flesh
sleeping inside an insomniac
Awakening in the ungodliest of hours

2.

Inside the embrace of night
hunching shoulders over glowing screens penitently
Naming my poison
feeding it to the well read
giving visual HIV
awaiting visual aids

3.

Consumed by consumerism
Consumption regurgitating the status quo into a platter
Stuffing recycled morals with silver spoons
onto forked tongues
There is a wrongness here that transcends the message of peace in our land.
Unity is not diverse.

4.

Damaged goods
Yes
Producing this dialogue with damaged goods
Are they bads
by this damage dealt to themselves
Or is there a way to hold love with a broken hand and swollen tendons

5.

Ticking my tocks whilst spinning plates up a muddy river
This place reeks of pretence and lies
Bordered communities hidden in plain sight
The diversity is not united

6.

They crucify saviours here
swallow your messianic leanings
Drink the sea water and puke the pollutants away
You will be safe from stigmata for at least seven days
They will come, though
They will come for you


7.

My lover, 1AM licks my eyes and begs me stay
I await the coming of morrows
clench and unclench damage goods
The fist is not good enough to do harm.
Here, anyway, I use the weapons of mouth
Sword of tongue
Phallus of impalement
The past shudders as I recall it


8.

Slain by knowledge
too involved in the assassination game
My contractor sends me like a dark messenger,
to eliminate the curves in the question marks and create fuller stops
We end where words begin

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts