Contained in High Scool: Philippi Realities

So, I am walking through the City Bowl, minding my business, avoiding fraudsters at the risk of cash and limb...when I see a bunch of kids. Pretty bunch, some not so. They have one thing in common, though, these boyses and girlses. They are all in school  uniform at a time of the day when they should be inside a school.

They carry placards. When I question them, after taking a few pictures, of course, they tell me a few facts. They are from Philippi High School. Not much of a high school really. Because they study in shipping containers. Yes, those metal things. Let these pictures speak, before I wax too lyrical.










8 YEARS IS 2920 DAYS IN A SHIPPING CONTAINER. 

They were not making noise nor defacing any statues, mind you. It was a peadceful demonstration of them trying to get their voices heard. Philippi High School, the Chaotic Front is here to help spread the word.

People, let's get these kids a proper school, damnit!

Comments

Popular Posts