For Art's Sake: Round 3

2 Saturdays have passed, and much has happened. I had a "performance" last week Saturday and it was intimate and grand. Met some great people who produce the healthy works that move and make me creativity smile widely. As it is, I had neglected to scan and send the Art of my Saturdays. The work from last week is still sealed. Unsealed and available for eyes to see is the works of a fortnight ago.

I will explain briefly on each piece.

1.

LinMate again. Showing that a Fine Arts Degree is worth working for. And humanity exposes it self through any challenge and mess. Her heuristic, "Relationships are a vacation" is a statement that will last me my whole life through. It cuts deep into the core of interaction, communion and relation. Nuff said. Materials: paper, pen, pencil, felt tip pen.


2.


This is my piece. One of two. This one speaks to a relationship I've been in and out of for over 3 years. The text speaks what really was going on, and not much more need be said. Materials: pen, pencil, charcoal, ash, ink, felt tip pen.

3.



A fortnight ago, I went to Live The Venue. And had the company of my friend, Luke Molver, Simphiwe, Carrie, Nivesh. It was a standard outing. Drinks, smokes and bands everywhere. flirtation, drunkenness and youthful abandon ruled the club. At some point Carrie and I were caught in a conversation about machines speaking to us through error. How things tell us what's going on not by going right, but by those anomalous times when things go wrong. She taught me much, in one simple conversation. Despite being a sexy young woman from Durban, the intellectual value she gave me that evening has made sure that I will take care of her and never lose her again. And this piece. This one is for the lesson she left me. A small display of my affirmation that alcohol does not reduce learning ability. Materials: Crayon, pen, pencil, felt tip pens.

Comments

Popular Posts