We Drew This City



What a night, what a night! It ends with this picture from this morning.
It begins after work, where I decide to go see Siobhan and drink the good goddamn beer I left at her place on Monday. I had to see her, of course.

But we all know that one will go to see their partner for any good reason, beer or otherwise. Our beautiful muscle-man loving Homeopath visits to come and examine her eyes, while I sit outside and murder a cold meats sandwich down with a yellow Steph Weiss. Such body and smoothness in this beer. it's thicker than Black Label and definitely fuller than a Naked Mexican, which I first drank at the Mexican Kitchen.

So after a little coercing Francois the Eye Examining Homeopath decides to join me at 4 Shots, the comic books launch happening at The Collective. When we arrive there, on time might I add, it's packed. WE tried to kill time at Ike's Book Shop while the lanes of sycophants and supplicants thinned. But it was bloody crowded. Saw a few books on Magick and Philosophy, but i won't get into books now. Comics, man, stick to Comics.
Apparently Luke Molver sold all of his Comics out last night. I was in line to buy one issue of Nero: Genesis, right, and suddenly all commerce had to cease so we could listen to the bloody Comics Artist give appreciative speeches. I nearly lost out because by the time I came back from having my smokes, Chess games and smooth skinned, sweet-smelling distractions, I got the second to last copy.

I had mine signed of course. What kinda Comic book launch would it have been if I just bought the book and left without a personalised issue? So I'd just personally like to show my appreciation and love for the hardworking Artists in Durban who gave us tangible work to take home and ruin or treasure at our discretion. I have read 6 pages of Nero:Genesis so far. Wanna go out, have my first cigarette and read a few more.

A few pictures from last night, in closing.
A beer helps concentration.
Some Australian and South African collaborative Comics. They were not for sale, sadly.

That's Neil. He lost that game. I'm the dark skinned one, playing as White.
 
Ashley, you know you know, man.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts