Poetry for iSekolezizwe (2007 - 2012)


1.
Do not claim to hold the knowledge of heaven
In your dirty palms.
Do not claim to have walked the path of messiahs.
The blood I see on you is not your own
Do not bring me salvation in any form
You are too distracted to know you are distracted
You cannot lead
You cannot even point to the leader
Your claims of balance are betrayed by the giddy walk
You’re dizzy because the world’s spinning on its axis
And you cannot handle its fact
Those butterfingers cannot hold the knowledge of this world
Do not claim to hold the knowledge of heaven



2.
I am friend to brevity
We both tend towards nothing
Non-effort is how get there
Less and less for more

3.
You’re the damage
You’re already done
Don’t pretend that you’re someone
You’re just damage
You’re done

4.
As a spliff burned on the altar
Of potential happiness
I meet you here
And we burn


5.
I belong elsewhere.
I haven’t found There, yet
The distance of this place,
Makes my happiness fall asleep.

6.
Ki;; or b3 ki;;3d
This is not English
The patterns you are seeking are
Illusions.

Comments

Popular Posts