BuSab Agent K+1

Some notes before the mild pseudo-intellectual rant.

"If we define futurism as exploration beyond accepted limits, then the nature of limiting systems becomes our first object of exploration. That nature lies within ourselves. Some who say they are talking about "a future" are only talking about their own limits. The dominant pattern in current planning betrays a system of thinking that does not want to abandon old assumptions and that keeps seeking a suprise-free future. But if we lock down the future in the present, we deny that such a future has become the present-- and the present has always been inadequate for the future." Frank Herbert - Listening To The Left Hand

"We will now explore the particular imprint which various governments make upon the individual. First, be sure you recognize the primary governing force. For example, take a careful look at Human history. Humans have been known to submit to many constraints: to rule by Autarchs, by Plutarchs, by Oligarchs, by tyrant Majorities and Minorities, by the hidden suasions of Polls, by profound instincts and shallow juvenilities. And always, the governing force as we wish you now to understand this concept was whatever the individual believed had control over his immediate survival. Survival sets the pattern of imprint. During much of Human history (and the pattern is similar with most sentient species) Corporation presidents held more survival in their casual remarks than did the figurehead officials. We of the ConSentiency cannot forget this as we keep watch on the Multiworld Corporations. We dare not even forget it of ourselves. Where you work for your own survival, this dominates your imprint, this dominates what you believe."
–Instruction Manual Bureau of Sabotage - Frank Herbert


I'm thinking about this alot lately. Mainly because i'm trying to understand why people let themselves be goverened. While walking home with Simphiwe yeaterday I was asking "Why the fuck do people need policing? I don't want no fuckin' police!"
Because really, I don't. But people somehow lose discipline in a crowd. How can we build a functioning future when people cannot individually police themselves? CAuse the institution of policing is as corrupt as the notion of government. Peopel succumb to being governed. They write the contracty that imprisons them. i am formulkating a system that will increase personal policing. because I don't want motherfuckers with guns and teargas, hanging around my Dub party. Or let's say we're having a rally of sorts. Let's just hypothesize that we're assembling to discuss a Township Peer to Peer University. I don't want police there. Police are there to stop things. They don't start things, or facilitate things.

So I am split; between building institutions and not. I see the good and the evil aspects of building corporations. But civilization is a barbaric and disturbing state of affairs. A major part of my consciousness wants out of it. I want out. And being in a job, travelling through traffic. it seems like something only a pathological animal would do.

I see the pathology of modern life. And really, reading John Gray's Silence of Animals is only provoking my anarcho-nihilist leanings.

-sigh- I have been restrained, though. In many ways. I don't wanna say too much. Lest i do something dangerous and incriminating. But, I'm just putting it out there, if anyone want's to topple the South African government. I have all the literature you need. The Bureau of Sabotage is within you and me.

Comments

Popular Posts