Ngifuna ukulala ekuseni (Verse for the Day)

The title means "I want to sleep in the morning"
These were written in a squashed taxi, on my way to work, which siphons my creativity like some leukemic vampire. But concessions, in the survival game, must be made. I am not over all of the things that have transpired over the past 4 months. It is all very present, as clear and as hazy as it was when it was still transpiring.

I am read between my lines. Find me here.

 

1. 

The battle is joined
before eyes open to perceive
any beauty
Apathy holds blanket
tightly over body
Ability to identify friends
from foes is relegated
For what
A battle that continues, using
smiles as cover
Reward becomes fodder for cannons
Casualties lose count of them selves
Good morning

2.

You, runaway
Escapee from my tender clutches
Blind trampler of freshly laid eggs
Dare
You, dare not assume
that you escape memory
Itch, scratch it
Scrub your itchy back with the
pieces of a broken home

Comments

Popular Posts