Uyaphila, akaphili, uyaphila

Verse For Gudu Thomas Maseko

1.
Invisible fire swallows the eyes
Light
savior and life-giver
Feels like a weapon formed against me
There lies
within my borders
a
Black absence
A vacuity with a name
It is responsible for nothing
I cannot call it to account
For things are past its onus

2.
The past has replicated its self
It travels through time
and presents its self
It is present

3.
Never satisfied
history
Rubs me with calloused hands
I know them
They have cradled me before
Lulled me to sleep
And disciplined my naughtiness
How is their grip tighter, now that
They have gone
How do I still feel cradled
           lulled
             disciplined





Written by your blood and visage: Khaya Maseko

Comments

  1. Oh man., I would kill to have a chill out with you sometime. I dig this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as much as I love chilling with anonymous people, they tend to be difficult to track. So message or email me and we can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts